Electromagnetic Compatibility Testing
”What happens if lightning strikes?”
Our solutions, equipment and large range of shielding materials and components !
Our affiliate for delivering EMC and RF testing solutions and protection components is EMC Partner. With our solutions, you can build yourself a EMC testing lab that meets any requirements. If you are unsure about the equipment you need to perform test that comply with all the necessary standards, our staff will be happy to assist you. We can help you set up a testing environment for the following category´s:
- Radiated Emissions Testing (EMI testing)
- Conducted Emissions Testing
- Flicker and Harmonics Testing
- Magnetic Field Immunity Testing
- EMC Immunity Testing
- RF Testing solutions
- Capacitor Testing
- Protection Testing
- Circuit Breaker Testing
- Electricity Meter Testing
- Protection Relay Testing
- Insulation Testing
- MIL Testing
- Avionic Testing
Our affiliate for different shielding materials and components is Soliani EMC. They have been on this market from the early 1980s. Fields of application for their products are mainly from military, medical, aeronautic, trains, robots and automatic systems, telecomunications for military and civil applications, navy and space.
Field SENSE is leader in RF-safety solutions, up to 6GHz, please check below:
- Shielding materials, components, paints, gaskets, windows etc.
- We also offer customized solutions, with extremely fast delivery!
Radiated Emissions Testing
Out of all the EMC testing types, this is the most common one. You measure the strength of unwanted or unintended electromagnetic emissions to ensure they are within permitted tolerances.
You’ll want testing equipment that can rotate the tested object freely. This is because your unintended electromagnetic emissions do not radiate outwards in a uniform sphere. They spike outward only in certain angles. To find out all these emissions, the equipment has to have great maneuverability for the product and the surrounding antenna.
Related testing equipment you’ll want
- Spectrum analyzer – for measuring the emissions
- Measurement antennae specifically for your frequencies (ask our staff for more details)
Conducted Emissions Testing
Did you know your devices interfere with the power supply when you plug them in? When you vacuum your floor, the disturbance can be measured in nearby locations in the power grid. Conducted emissions testing makes sure your vacuum cleaner doesn’t affect your neighbors television.
EMC Immunity Testing
Most EMC tests measure what’s coming out of your device, but this time it’s backwards. Simply put, you introduce electromagnetic phenomena to your device and see what happens. These phenomena are split into two categories: continuous and transient. Continuous phenomena are continuous waves and the tests can last for hours. Transient phenomena are short bursts that could last as little as a few microseconds.
EMC immunity testing equipment you’ll want
- ESD Simulator – They generate electric discharges from the tip of the pistol-like device to “zap” your device. See picture below. Typical failures of this test include resetting of the device, digital logic errors, memory corruption or physical damage.
- EFT or burst generator – For simulating the effect of toggling a nearby electric switch when your device is in use.