Weathering Test Instruments and Equipment
"How long will the new garden elf last?"
Our Weathering testing equipment
We offer full shipping, installation, calibration and maintenance for our weathering testing solutions across Scandinavia and Baltic regions. Our weathering testing selection comes from Atlas, who has been involved in weathering testing for over 100 years. Our solutions include:
- Accelerated weathering instruments
- UV-A, UV-B weathering instruments
- Solar simulation systems
- XENON test systems
Why choose to weathering test products?
If you want to ensure your product quality is excellent, you need to test your products for sufficient protection against weather. As you surely know, the atmosphere contains pollutants and gases that form acid rains. They carry the risk of different reactions from your products, speeding up or altering the degradation of your product.
When you’re studying weathering effects, you need reproducibility of results and repeatability of the tests you make. Our testing instruments offer you just that: accurately repeatable, faster tests that yield the same results every time. Our products see widespread use in plastic-, textile-, paint and automotive industries.
Which products should I choose?
All our products use Xenon lamps. When Xenon lamps produce light, they also produce lots of heat. Heating up the test samples is intended, but the heat in other parts must be discharged. There are two good ways of doing this without affecting the spectral output: cool the system down with water or air.
Fade-Ometeres and Weather-Ometers are water cooled. The Xenotest-family is air cooled. We won’t go into the hardcore details here, but these are the typical tests you can do with each cooling style:
Water cooled testing instruments
- All common weathering and lightfastness tests
- Accelerated weathering tests with more UV light and shorter wavelengths (this means more damage to test samples) than UV from sunlight
- Weathering tests with full spectrum match
- Cool weathering testing temperatures
Air cooled testing instruments
- Simulation of solar radiation behind window glass
- Solar radiation simulation in high temperatures. You could want this for car interior material testing etc.
- Outdoors solar radiation simulations (you’ll need these to meet older standard requirements)
Our tech-savvy staff will be happy to answer any further questions.Contact us